Meet our knowledgeable opticians!
Ashley is certified by the American Board of Opticianry and the National Contact Lens Society of America. She is a Tennessee state licensed optician and graduate of Roane State with an A.A.S in Contemporary Management. Ashley enjoys swimming, camping, and spending time with her family. As an optician, she enjoys helping patients with their unique eyecare needs. This is where she can use her customer service skills and optical knowledge to brighten every patient’s day, one smile at a time. Ashley has a proclivity for working with patients with challenging visual needs and excels at finding solutions to meet those needs. Ashley is looking forward to many years of serving UES patients and bringing better vision to the Knoxville region.
Stephanie has been with University Eye Specialists for over twenty years. She has spent most of that time at our University of Tennessee Medical Center facility. Recently, Stephanie transitioned to our Maryville office where she has an exceptional knack for matching her patients up with frames that reflect their personality. Stephanie loves staying active through jogging and lifting weights – but most of all finds pleasure in spending time with her 3 precious grandchildren. Stephanie “considers it a blessing to be able to improve the quality of her patient’s lives.” She also admits that it is “a bonus getting to work alongside some of the best eye doctors in the industry!”
Kristina is certified by the American Board of Opticianry and the National Contact Lens Society of America. She is a Tennessee state licensed optician and graduate of the Roane State optical program where she earned her AAS in opticianry. Kristina loves the outdoors, and especially enjoys spending time with her family – camping and traveling when she has the opportunity. As an optician, she enjoys being able to work one-on-one with patients. This is where she can share exciting information that she knows will benefit her patients and exceed their needs. Kristina is passionate about the field and is “looking forward to many more years of helping people see better at UES.”
Suzanna is a Licensed Dispensing Optician, since 2015, and is also certified by the American Board of Opticianry and the National Contact Lens Society of America. She is a graduate of the Roane State optical program where she earned her AAS in Opticianry. Suzanna loves to spend as much time as possible traveling, shopping, and relaxing at home with family. In her free time, Suzanna absolutely loves to travel, and is set on one day traveling the world. She says that she loves being an optician because she “enjoys meeting new people and listening to their stories. I also love fashion and how exciting it can be to find a new pair of glasses to coordinate with any outfit!” Above all, Suzanna looks forward to giving her patient’s the best vision possible!
Sherry is certified by the American Board of Opticianry and the National Contact Lens Society. She is a Florida and Tennessee Licensed Dispensing Optician and has been licensed for over 38 years. Sherry put herself through college working in an optical shop, while all the while planning on becoming a teacher. While in the optical world, she fell in love with being able to help patients see and look their best. Her dream of becoming a teacher has been realized over the years by teaching ABO optician certification and lensometry classes and by striving to ensure her patients understand the benefits of their eyewear. Sherry’s goal is that the patient loves the way they look when they leave the optical and that their experience was exceptional. Sherry enjoys gardening, boating, traveling, and spending time with her children and grandchildren.
20 REASONS TO PURCHASE YOUR NEXT SET OF EYEGLASSES FROM US
1. Better People. Better Care for You
• We believe that better training means better care for you. Consequently, our opticians are provided more extensive training, which exceeds the industry requirements. We have a Tennessee state licensed optician at every location.
2. Continuity of Care
• We believe that better coordination by the care team means better care for you. Our opticians have direct access and, open communication with your physician. When necessary, they are able to solve problems accurately and quickly.
3. ‘We Have You Covered’ Warranty
• Your new eyeglasses include a ‘best-in-the-business’ warranty on the lenses and frames that unconditionally covers scratches, breakage and defects for up to two years from the time of purchase. There is no charge for our warranty and no charge if and when you use it.
4. ‘No-Questions-Asked’ Return Policy
• If you are not completely satisfied with your new eyewear don’t worry. We will restyle you or cheerfully refund your order within 30 days of your purchase.
5. Competitively Priced
• We regularly monitor competitors’ prices. We assure you that our pricing will always be an exceptional value for identical merchandise. We just look expensive!
6. Free Lifetime Eyeglass Adjustments and Cleaning
• Your vision won’t be at its best if your new eyeglasses don’t keep their adjustment. Stop by any one of our convenient locations at any time for a complimentary eyeglass adjustment and ultrasonic cleaning.
7. Highest Quality Eyeglasses
• When it comes to your vision, quality matters. That’s why our opticians are trained to ensure that your new eyeglass exceed industry quality standards. They must pass a rigorous 25 point inspection process before they are delivered to you.
8. We Stand Behind Your Prescription
• If your prescription changes within two months of your eyeglass purchase, we will replace your lenses with the new prescription at no additional cost to you.
9. We Offer the Newest Products
• We will always be your resource for the newest eyeglass lens and frame technologies. To coincide with our motto of “Helping You Live Life in Focus” we will carry those products that we believe will make the greatest impact on your visual lifestyle. You will always hear about these new products from us first, as they become available.
10. Personalized, Individualized Service
• Good, knowledgeable service matters! Each time you visit you will receive personalized attention. Our opticians are specifically trained to help you select the perfect lenses and frame to make you look and feel your best and enhance your visual lifestyle. .
11. Unique Frame Selection
• Not the same old thing! University Eye Specialists searches the market to find unique and exclusive eyeglass frames to highlight your individual style.
12. A Custom Fit, Every Time
• One size does not fit all! In order for your new eyeglasses to fit comfortably they must be the right size for you. Our opticians are specially trained to take accurate measurements that will help you select the frame that fits you the perfectly.
• ***Our unique, 7 point measuring system***
• In order for your new eyeglasses to deliver the best vision they must
13. Special Orders Don’t Upset Us.
• Quality eyeglass frames are generally available in a number of sizes. Our opticians will special order frames to ensure that you find the one that fits you perfectly.
• Find a frame we do not carry? We will special order it for you to try on, with no obligation to you.
14. Multiple, Convenient Locations
• We have 4 optical locations within Knoxville and the surrounding areas to provide convenient, exemplary service. There is a UES location near where you live or work!
15. Local Business
• We’re local just like you! We are friends and neighbors serving our friends and neighbors. It is important to us to make the community we live in a better place. We will always participate in community projects that promote visual health and wellbeing.
16. Your Eyeglasses will be Ready On-Time as Promised!
• We know that your time is precious. We promise that your eyeglasses will be ready, on-time as promised.
17. Certified Genuine Merchandise
• We obtain all of our merchandise directly from the manufacturer. We can therefore certify it as authentic, branded merchandise.
18. Current Merchandise.
• Our entire collection is composed of frames that are ‘current’. We never use closeouts or ‘seconds’.
19. An Exceptional Customer Experience.
• We take pride in delivering an exceptional customer experience. Each phase of your visit has been designed to fulfill your every visual need, want and desire.
20. We Accept Most Vision Insurance Plans
• Our office accepts EyeMed, Superior Vision and other common plans. We even accept Care Credit! If we are not in-network with your vision provider, we will offer you an out-of-network discount.